~Smiles~ Unlimited!!

Welcome to my space!!! Leave a smile and take a smile with you...

 
At my Place
Reading
life-of-pi
It's all in the punctuation:
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Everyone teases me at work saying I have a love affair with punctuation marks as I seem to use them quite generously.. Yesterday while writing an email, I was stuck with punctuation.. use of Apostrophes, silly as it may sound, I was suddenly unsure when writing a plural in possession, whether I use it at the end of the word or before and there it was, an opportunity for me to learn about Apostrophes and well cutting a long story short now I know all the rules for the correct use. Learning never seems to stop..

An English professor wrote the words,
"Woman without her man is nothing" on the blackboard
and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The women wrote: "Woman: Without her, man is nothing."
The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."


Thought for the Day!
Life
posted by All Smiles!! @ 11:38 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If yours is an affair with Punctuations, I have been told that my love for Exclamation marks is a bit too much too !!

    BTW, in response to ur comment, I made such a hot Garlic chutney yesterday that I think u should give it to Venu, he would recover from my Rabdi's effect in micro- seconds, guaranteed !!!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger All Smiles!! said…

    Sure Abha, will let him know..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: All Smiles!!
Home: Auckland, New Zealand
About Me: A typical Cancerian and a moderate friendly person with frequent mood swings (everyone close to me can vouch for that :))
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
I Visit
Links

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 ~Smiles~ Unlimited!! Template by Isnaini Dot Com