~Smiles~ Unlimited!!

Welcome to my space!!! Leave a smile and take a smile with you...

 
At my Place
Reading
life-of-pi
On my mind…
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
thought
They say you should never discuss xxx, politics or religion at a party, but getting into the great weight debate can be just as dicey. Your weight used to be something that was off limits, but these days weight loss (or gain!!) war stories are traded regularly. Not a day goes by in office when at least one of us doesn’t comment on “weight”. Now, I’m the first one to admit that I yearn to be able to wear a pair of skin tight jeans and actually look good in them but the reality is that its never going to happen (I blame my food binge habits) and I’m OK with that.

Weight loss is a hot-button topic that is on the mind of many women, there is this increasing pressure to be thin with a big deal of focus on it constantly. Even the teenagers are feeling a push to be as small as possible. Magazines and entertainment programs glamourising the skeletal bodies of the celebrities aren’t really helping. I mean, look at some celebrities, they look like a gust of wind can blow them over!

Many people cannot loose much weight no matter how hard they try, and promptly regain whatever they do lose. I don’t think there is a single weight-loss diet that shows success in losing a significant amount of weight over the long term, not one. Isn’t that amazing? It’s not as if Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and the thousands of other companies making billions of dollars from promises of weight loss haven’t been trying. One possible factor making it difficult to loose weight permanently is that our bodies may adjust to situations of reduced food intake by lowering metabolic rate and increasing the proportion of food stored in the body as fat.

We all believe that weight is a simple matter of input (intake of calories) and output (expenditure of energy) but it turns out that human bodies are far more complex systems. Don’t you think nature and nurture both exert influences on body weight?

We need to be happy and comfortable with our bodies. Not like this is easy!! but being healthy is far more important than being thin. In my opinion, weight loss should be about being healthy and happy, not whether you can finally fit into a bikini or whateva..

Labels:

posted by All Smiles!! @ 8:33 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Post Rajitahhh
    Let me share with ya couple of motivating quotes,
    read again Moti-Waiting ha ha

    I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.Joe

    I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond. ~ Mae West

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kya baat hai Rajitha ? Ayushi ki B'day party mein overdose ho gaya kya 'weight' related topics ka ? The khana was sooo good k all my 'eating everything in moderation' plans went down the drain ! hehehe.....

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger All Smiles!! said…

    hee hee... moti..waiting.. like that sadiya!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: All Smiles!!
Home: Auckland, New Zealand
About Me: A typical Cancerian and a moderate friendly person with frequent mood swings (everyone close to me can vouch for that :))
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
I Visit
Links

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 ~Smiles~ Unlimited!! Template by Isnaini Dot Com