~Smiles~ Unlimited!!

Welcome to my space!!! Leave a smile and take a smile with you...

 
At my Place
Reading
life-of-pi
Musings!!??
Friday, June 08, 2007

Weekends

I’m sitting here staring out the window as the rain pours down and I can’t help but smile. In fact, I want the rain to get heavier and I want it to continue for the next two days – that way I won’t feel guilty about my plans. Now, please don’t get me wrong. I love a nice, sunny weekend but there is something quite self indulgent about just lying on the couch with a hot cuppa and a good book and at times the remote control for company while a wintry storm pounds the windows. You can kid yourself that, because of the weather you can’t really do anything else but settle in for some quality time with Brad Pitt, George Clooney and likes. I’ve been soo busy lately that this weekend the only commitment I’m making is to the television and some books I got from the Library couple of weeks back. I think every so often there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing nothing. Bring on the rain!! Have a great week….

Recent Learnings -
Secrets are always fun to hear but ultimately the responsibility of keeping a secret can be too much, even for a well-intentioned person like me. As a friend once told me secrets are something you tell people one at a time. Is liye tho soch rahi hoon ki I should give up the momentary titillations of a good piece of gossip and live in comfortable ignorance.

Here’s something to tickle your funny bone :)
Ek Gadha: Yaar, mera maalik mujhe bahut maarta hai
Dusara Gadha: Tho tum bhaag kyun nahi jata
Pehla Gadha: Bhaag to jaata par yahan future bada bright hai ... maalik ki khoobsurat beti jab shararat karti hai tho maalik kehta hai, "teri shaadi gadha se kar dunga...!" bas isi umeed mein baitha hoon.

Labels:

posted by All Smiles!! @ 7:15 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Ash said…

    Haha...now that was really funny. Love that poster too!!

    Thanks for sharing :-)

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger faith said…

    *smiles*

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    -.-

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger me said…

    rain...coffee...book..girl I am jealous of you!! n on top of that you mention Brad Pitt...George Clooney...missed Ocean's 13 last weekend but definitely make it this saturday...:)

    and what are you reading these days rajitha??

    tc
    hugz!!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great poster Rajitha - love Garfield !!!

    Good writing on 'weekend' and 'secrets' ! Kaunsa secret hai ab aapke paas ;-) hehehehehe...

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger rauf said…

    Well, he is not alone. Beti se' shaadi kar ke' aakhir kaar gadha ban hi jaayega.

    i am a grave yeard of secrets ALL SMILES, nothing ever comes out.

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger Ash said…

    Just popping in to say Hi!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger All Smiles!! said…

    Thanks Ash!!

    Hey Faith!! welcome back!!

    Welcome to my space mueja!!

    Hi Kavya!! Just finished reading Persuader by Lee Child.. Hows the new Paul Coehlo book??

    Thanks Abha!! Secret hai yaar.. ssshhhh :)

    Hey Rauf!! hee hee.. bechaara gadha :)

    Hi Ash!! Thanks for dropping by, been quite slack with blogging these days :)

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger me said…

    hi rajitha

    persuader..lets see if my libraray waala has it or not!!

    n Paulo's new books looks good so far but still zahir and eleven minutes will remain my all time fav by him.

    will post excerpts from it soon!!

    tc n hugs!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger MumbaiiteAnu said…

    Hi, that's a nice poster of Garfield. That's the kinda weekend I like.
    Nice joke too. Had a good laugh.
    Interesting blog.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: All Smiles!!
Home: Auckland, New Zealand
About Me: A typical Cancerian and a moderate friendly person with frequent mood swings (everyone close to me can vouch for that :))
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
I Visit
Links

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 ~Smiles~ Unlimited!! Template by Isnaini Dot Com