~Smiles~ Unlimited!!

Welcome to my space!!! Leave a smile and take a smile with you...

 
At my Place
Reading
life-of-pi
Life is a festival only to the wise..
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Life
Life always gives us choices! We choose what we want….here are two amazing stories depicting the same:

A) An old man lived alone in Minnesota. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation:

Dear Son,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the garden, because your mother always loved planting this time. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren't in prison.............................. Love, Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram: "For Heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up the garden!! That's where I buried the GUNS!!"At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns. Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asked him what to do next.

His son's reply was:
"Go ahead and plant your potatoes Dad...... It's the best I could do for you from here."

Moral: No matter where you are in the world, if you have decided to do something deep from your heart, you can do it.


B) Once upon a time there was a race of frogs. The goal was to reach the top of a high tower. Many people gathered to see and support them. The race began. In reality, the people didn't believe that it was possible that the frogs would reach the top of the tower, and all the phrases that one could hear were of this kind: "What pain! They'll never make it!" The frogs began to doubt themselves. The people continued: "... What pain!!! They'll never make it! ..." And the frogs, one by one, admitted defeat, except for one frog that continued to climb. At the end he, alone, and with an enormous effort, reached the top of the tower.

One of the quitters approached him to ask him how he had done it, to finish the race. And discovered that he was deaf! Never listen to people who have the bad habit of being negative... because they steal the best aspirations of your heart! Always remind yourself of the power of the words that we hear or read - always think POSITIVE!

Moral: Always be deaf to someone who tells you that you can't and won't achieve your goals AND MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Labels:

posted by All Smiles!! @ 3:55 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Beefybob7 said…

    Hi Rajitha,

    Eh,what did you say? About not working hard. Ah you wrote it! So I guess I should listen but I think that there is not much chance anyway.

    Hope you're having a good day. Your husband's birthday card was very nice.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good ones Rajitha - Specially the 'turning a deaf ear to negativity' one :-)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger hope said…

    good.. *smiles*

    faith

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: All Smiles!!
Home: Auckland, New Zealand
About Me: A typical Cancerian and a moderate friendly person with frequent mood swings (everyone close to me can vouch for that :))
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
I Visit
Links

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 ~Smiles~ Unlimited!! Template by Isnaini Dot Com